boot faster

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 19 19:30:50 UTC 2005

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is something that might be interesting:
> http://www.improvedsource.com/view.php/Linux-System/2/
>
> Why would not Fedora developpers pull some ideas from it to faster and
> faster the boot time?

That's interesting, but not what I think I really need. In the first
place, I reboot only a few times a month, anyway. What I'd like to see
is reliably being able to suspend to disc. I'd like my computer
to respond to a signal from my UPS that it is about to run down,
and then suspend to disc. Then when power comes back, automatically
restore the suspended state.

Now *that* would be useful.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.