Evolution importing certificates?

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 20 14:13:34 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 10:51 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
[snip]
> To fix complaints (those are valid and reasonable complaints) about a
> non trustful certificate authority which signed your custom self-signed
> certificates you need to import the CA cert - be default named
> cacert.pem.
> If the client application(s) complain about non matching CN within the
> presented server certificate, then you made something wrong during
> certificate creation. The CN has to match the canonical name of the
> service/host.

Thanks fo the info Alexander, I will give it a try. I noticed that in
Evolution on my FC4 x86_64 box in Edit -> Preferences -> Certificates ->
{Contact Certificates, Authorities} there are *no* certificates at all
while there are tons listed in Evolution on my FC4 x86 box. Any idea
which rpm provides these or how to get Evolution to show/use them?

Thanks and regards,
Patrick