Strange raid behaviour

Christian Motta chris at agweb.net
Tue Dec 20 17:13:05 UTC 2005

After seeing many of these threads I compared what my server tested at
(mounted)
and now I am concerned about my own results.

My raid is raid 1 w/ 2 300gb Western Digital SATA/7200/8 hard drives

# /sbin/hdparm -t /dev/md4

/dev/md4:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  172 MB in  3.00 seconds =  57.32 MB/sec

so if I am reading this correctly my hard drives are half the speed of
my nic card????

Is that correct?

-chris