fc4 yum update problems on two installations

sport sport-light at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 20 16:36:36 UTC 2005

Yum does look like it is working now, but I have multiple versions of
some items installed, such as kdebase 2.5.x, and 2.4.x.  There should
only be one version installed.  I checked on my not broken machine.
Using yum remove kernel xxx worked to get the latest kernel installed,
but there could be a hundred or more packages partly installed or
installed with multiple versions due to the yum crash.  Does anyone know
how to force yum to update everything, and know where yum keeps track of
its history?

-cm