Is Redhat/Fedora Losing Interest in KDE?

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Dec 21 00:10:53 UTC 2005

Andy Green wrote:
> David Cary Hart wrote:
>
> I don't think RH is losing interest in KDE, but I do have a rant about it.
>

>>>My LinuxPPC FC5 iMac runs KDE much better than Gnome (gnome crashes
>>>eash time I try to use it.)
>

> I did not in recent memory have a KDE or Gnome crash, it is all very
> solid nowadays.

I wish it were so for me. Someone with bandwidth, keep an eye on KDE in Fc5.

I've had kicker (aka panel?) sigsegv on logout. In Kubuntu (breezy,
without fail), in SuSE 10.0 (often) and I think on something else which
could have been FC5 Beta 1 or Mandriva 2006: I installed both but didn't
run either for long.

I'm guessing it's a KDE problem, not a builder's problem per se.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait