dhclient-3.0.2-26.FC4 broken ?

Sebastian Kloska kloska at scienion.de
Wed Dec 21 14:20:46 UTC 2005

Hi List,

Since the latest update I do not get a default gateway via dhcp
in our companies network. Found out that dhclient-script
in dhclient-3.0.2-26.FC4 rejects to set our default route.
10.0.255.254

The following statement is responsible:

<snip>

                for router in $new_routers; do
                    if [ -z "$router" ] || [ `IFS=. ip2num $router` -le
0 ] || [[ $router = *255* ]] || [[ "${default_routers[@]}" ==
*"$router"* ]]; then
                        continue;
                    fi;
                    default_routers=(${default_routers[@]} $router)
                    add_default_gateway $router $metric;
                    let i=i+1;
                    metric=$i;
                done

</snip>

The add_default_gateway function is never called whenever there is a 255
within the ip
of the default route as reported by the DHCP server, which is the case
in our companies
network.
Is this a bug or is there a convention which forbits the *255*  gateway
address ?

Thanks

Sebastian

--