Installing Fedora core 4 on to a SATA harddisk

Manoj Kumar Neelapareddy manojkreddyutl at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 09:19:26 UTC 2005

My BIOS indeed detects the disk.
  that SATA disk has  XP on it already and I am able to boot XP from the SATA Disk.

  When I select 'Manually Partition Hard disk' during installation I get an error saying that no hard disk is found.

  Thanks
  Manoj

Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
  Please double check that you BIOS can see the HDD. If it can, but Fedora can't, ensure that your BIOS is up-to-date. If Fedora is still not seeing the hdd, try back here.

  On 12/23/05, Manoj Kumar Neelapareddy <manojkreddyutl at yahoo.com> wrote:     Hey,

  I am trying to install Fedora Core 4 onto a SATA Hard disk and I am not able to do it.
  here is my machine's config:

  AMD Ahtlon 64 bit 3200+ processor
  ASUS A8V-MX Mother board (VIA Chipset).
  160 GB SATA Hard Disk.

  When I am installing FC4 on this machine, the installer is not detecting the SATA Hard disk at all.

  is there a work around for this.

  can any one help me out on this.

  Thanks
  Manoj

As a boy I jumped through Windows, as a man I play with Penguins. --