k3b, kde frustrations - venting.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Dec 23 18:55:10 UTC 2005

I usually am very happy and can easily point out the virtues of Linux
over Windows.  Come today and I find that I am hit with this k3b, kde
problem and it dumps me in a major mess.

I need to copy 3 DVD and I cannot get k3b to do it.  It won't eject
the media.  Crashes each time I try to burn an image and I am in a
rush as this had to be done before lunch in 10 minutes.

As I try to burn just the files, I get a Error every time.

It gets to Updating RMA
Then I get growisofs did not exit cleanly.

While copying the CD's, it would give me an error that it cannot eject
the media after reading the CD.  Of course this is the same if I try
to copy a DVD.

Now that I vented, have a

    Merry Christmas :)