problem of packet loss with e100 machine with fedora core 4

Eric Doutreleau Eric.Doutreleau at int-evry.fr
Sat Dec 24 13:58:03 UTC 2005

Mogens Kjaer wrote:

> Eric Doutreleau wrote:
>
>> The result is that i lose about 30% of packet.
>>
>> when i boot windows on the same machine i have the same problem.

> Seems like a hardware problem, or duplex mismatch.
>
> What kind of switches/hubs do you have between
> the machines?
>
> Mogens

Hi people

At the end i have found the culprit
if i remove from my iptables config the following lines
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p igmp -d 224.0.0.0/28 -j ACCEPT
I don't have anymore the loss of packets

But i really don't know why the system is dropping packet when i accept
igmp packets

Nevertheless thanks to all people that have answered to my emails