OT: RealRhapsody now supports FC4 and Firefox.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 16:33:44 UTC 2005

On 12/23/05, L. Paul Andralouis <pandralouis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> FYI I went to real.com and found that they now support
> the RealRhapsody streaming music service via FC4 and
> Firefox.
>
> The software works a little different than the Windows
> version, and it looks like they're using a different
> set of servers/database, as the "favorites" are very
> sparse right now...
>
> I happened to be already a subscriber, but for me this
> is a primary reason that I keep the laptop dual-boot:
> It's great to have a music service that now supports
> Linux.
>
> It works fine on my FC4 notebook.
>
> --Paul Andralouis

Yeah, that would be great, but:
"U.S. Only
We're sorry. We have detected that you are outside of the United
States. This service is currently only available to residents within
the United States."

They did all that hard work to support my operating system and browser
of choice, just to filter me based upon where I live?!? I have to
spoof an IP address now to use the service? I'll just stick with
iTunes on wine, thank you.

idiots

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/question/how_can_i_be_safe_online.html