logwatch - need latest version, remove from yum?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Dec 25 12:40:19 UTC 2005

B Wooster wrote:

>logwatch version 5.2 is what is packaged for Fedora, at the dag
>archives, and that is the latest one available for Fedora.
>
>That is very old now, and I suspect is related to the numerous
>"Unmatched Entries" messages I get in my daily email reports.
>
>At the logwatch web site, I noticed that have many versions posted
>after 5.2, they are upto 7.1 now.
>
>So, what would be the best way to handle this?

Maybe the maintainer has a specific reason such as incompatible
configuration change in the latest version or he has just not got around
doing it yet. You can file a  RFE against the component in
http://bugzilla.redhat.com along with a list of new features or changes
that you feel warrant an update.

--
Rahul

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/