ssh security

Mail List lists at sapience.com
Mon Dec 26 23:48:05 UTC 2005

On Monday 26 December 2005 00:24, Gerald wrote:
> It looks like i'm getting a dictionary attack on my system. I moved
> ssh to another port instead of 22 in hopes that would put a halt to it

  You probably don't want to advertise the port you chose either as per your
mail.

   You may also wish to set:

     PermitRootLogin no
     AllowUsers gerald other1 other2 etc

  (i.e. limit to users you care about with known strong passwords or keys only
as someone else suggested).

  DUmb question - did you service sshd restart to make sure your changes were
picked up?

 \g/