create RPM

David Gomez tsukebumi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 14:30:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 21:51 +0800, John Summerfied wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 13:07 +0000, Navdeep wrote:
> >
> >>I am to crete a RPM or tar.gz file to install my application other
> >>variant or other linux machine.
> >>
> >>how can i do it . I mean how to get QT base application dependicies ,
> >>icons , uninstallation, ..
> >>
> >>Can i get sample example from any where.
>
> You could also research the question for yourself before wasting our
> time. A good place to start is the source packages for your favourite
> distro, and I particularly commend fetchmail for study.

Do you know this mail thread may very well show up as one of the first
results from googling in some time?

It has happened to me many times that the best answers I found from
google were in the first page of results, from some mailing list or
newsgroup thread that ended with a message like yours.

Think about it next time you waste your time replying to a mail you have
already wasted time reading.

PS.
He probably searched through the mailing list archives btw.