Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 04:20:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 21:37, Charles Howse wrote:

> I don't mean to step on any toes, just want to start some discussion.
> Does anyone else have any thoughts on why questions don't get the respectful
> treatment they deserve?

Usually if the answer doesn't fit in a short paragraph the best
you are likely to get on a list like this is a pointer to the
full version.  The discussions tend to revolve around things
that are wrong in the references or what has changed recently,
not repeating what is already available elsewhere.  If you
describe a specific step that didn't work the way you expected
you'll probably get help with it.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com