Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 29 06:46:17 UTC 2005

From: "Craig White" <craigwhite at azapple.com>
> On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 22:23 -0800, jdow wrote:
>> From: "jdow" <jdow at earthlink.net>
>>
>> > Search for:
>> > vncserver fedora-users
>> Make that
>> vncserver fedora-list.
>>
>> > That should be a workable example.
>> > {^_^}
>>
>> Forgot where I was at the time.
> ----
> the site: option is much more targeted...
>
> site:https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/
>
> is a bullet to searching this list on google

Craig, this is an 'ix'-like operating system. Users are expected to
abbreviate commands into oblivion, ls for list and ps for process status
come to mind. I concluded long LONG ago it was because people could not
type. (Hey, I sympathized with that concept, too!)

Your way is a LOT more typing than mine.

{^_-}    <- winking and being silly.