Configuring DNS

David L. Gehrt dlg at mail.inanity.net
Thu Dec 29 20:26:05 UTC 2005

> I wish to add a secondary DNS server. Adding the IP address to the DNS
> section in system-config-network appears to work, but after saving the
> config and rebooting, the newly-added IP address has vanished.
>
> So, what am I doing wrong?
<snip>

Check the zone file.  If the  address isn't there then the procedure you
used didn't work, also make sure the process you used updated the serial
number in the zone file.  When I ran DNS servers I used a Perl script to
update the  serial number and most  of the zone  file updates, including
adding authoritative  DNS servers, was accomplished  via manual editing.
I  have never  used the  RedHat  whiz bang  scripts so  on your  precise
question I can be no help.

dlg