OT: Personal Diary/Journal Software

Peter Gordon admin at ramshacklestudios.com
Fri Dec 30 02:50:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 14:01 -0700, Paul Lemmons wrote:
> I am looking for a personal diary/journal package that will run under
> Linux (if I have to, I can use Open office but that is only a last
> resort). The simpler the better but it must have encryption built-in.
> Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Probably not what you're looking for, but what I do is have a public
blog on my website using WordPress[1].

For private journal entries, I have a directory have Journal in my home
directory. In this I store entries written in OpenOffice.org Writer,
encrypted using GnuPG[2] (from Core). (I use Seahorse[3] from Extras to
easily accomplish this with a nice GUI interface.)

[1] http://www.wordpress.org/
[2] http://www.gnupg.org/
[3] http://seahorse.sourceforge.net/

Hope that helps!