Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Dec 30 04:27:43 UTC 2005

Hi

> I think you do miss the point, actually. Since FC release is time-driven
> rather than QA-driven, it is a test package.

Its time driven but not rigid. Releases have been postponed for better
QA in Fedora. Both the first and second releases of Fedora Core 5 have
been delayed for this reason for a recent example.  Projects driven by
time are not test packages. That would mean openbsd or gnome would be
test packages.  There is always a balance between the number of features
and bug fixes made between releases and the need to do frequent releases
in the open source world. Release early, Release often.

> Fedora Core is a PROJECT, which Red Hat expressly states is intended
> to involve the USERS in the testing. That means, IMO, it is beta test.

Its called a project to invite more community participation and also
indicate that Red Hat does not sell Fedora as a retail product.  Though
much of the answers are outdated now the first one still applies here.

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/faq/

--
Rahul

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/