Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 05:41:01 UTC 2005

On 12/29/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> >   How is anything supposed to know what assortment
> >of programs written by thousands of different people
> >over dozens of years you have assembled together on your
> >disk?
> >

> Package management systems combined with indexing programs like
> scrollkeeper.

Or, a parallel system which download and caches these help documents from
Fedora controlled wiki. I.e.: volunteers (or people sponsored to do so) will
write in help/tutorials/simplified mans/etc into the wiki which would then
be downloadd by a client (CLI and/or GUI) and cached for later use. (I'm
sure some KDE dev could make a kio-slave for such a system.) With clean
enough use of CSS the downloaded pages should be just as readable in lynx as
in Firefox.

Just an idea.