terminal does not working

Császár Péter csjpeter at freemail.hu
Fri Dec 30 22:25:43 UTC 2005

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:05:40 +0100, Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 12/30/05, Császár Péter <csjpeter at freemail.hu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi !
>>
>> Sorry for bad the mail before.
>>
>> Have any body any idea about why I can't use my text mode terminal
>> after X
>> started in FC4?
>> I already have fully updated it. Could it be a problem, that the updates
>> made by apt from
>> ayo.freshrpms.net?
>
> What happens when you try to start a terminal?

Probably I have to correct myself. I am no sure about the
suitable name about graphical mode terminal, and text mode (perhaps)
consol.

So my problem is I press the Ctrl+Alt+Fx and there is some messed
point still in graphic mode.

I read before about some bug in X but I made all possible update.

Just a few minutes ago I have changed the type of the video card
under X Display settings. That made it ok, but as I have rebooted
the problem is here again. However my settings still alive.

I have S3Trio64V+ card anyway, but after this experience I do not think
the problem is with it.

Have you any idea where to find something?
I have lost nearly a day because of this.