Make a boot floppy

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sat Dec 31 02:16:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 00:49 +0200, Lorenzo Sandini (Sonera) wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance, but during the install process I wasn't given an
> option to create a boot floppy for FC4.
>
> Not that I think I need one, but with all distros I have tried ealier,
> (years ago...) this always was an option...
>
> If I had to create one now, how would I do it ?

You can't.  The kernel is too large for a floppy.
You can make a boot CD, download the rescue CD from Fedora, or boot to
rescue mode from the first install CD.

Because there are several options I simply use the rescue CD since I
thus only have to download it and burn the CD from the downloaded image.