Zoom ADSL /router Fedora Home Lan SETUP HELP Fedora4 /WinXP ;

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sat Dec 31 01:58:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 15:54 +0100, Mirco Scara wrote:
> Hi there guys,
> I urgently need advice on how to set up a home network between 2
> computers both dual bootingWINXP and Fedora 4 both on separate internal
> hard disks.
> Both are connected via ethernet to a ZOOM adsl router and the router is
> obviously connected to a hub/switch from which the two separate ethernet
> cables go to the two separate ethernet cards on the two separate computers.
> Now the problem is:
>
> Both computers can get connected to the internet at one time but never
> together at the same time.

I assume you mean "one at a time" above. This is a common characteristic
of broadband modems - they only will connect one NIC to the internet
directly.

This "router" may be nothing more than an adsl modem.   If that is the
case you will need a real router to attach between the modem and your
home network.