Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 31 03:04:03 UTC 2005

--- Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 21:38, John Summerfied wrote:
>
> > Today, I suggest that
> > If you want stability and support, buy RHEL in the
> appropriate flavour
> > If you want stability and cheap, download one of
> the EL clones such as
> > TAO, CENTOS, WBEL (are there more?)
> > If you want the latest and can bear the occasional
> breakage, use Fedora
> > Core 4.
> > If you don't care for stability and/or want to
> help refine things,
> > Fedora Core 5 beta (maybe blend in some rawhide?)
> is for you.
>
> But realistically, what people want is close-to-the
> latest plus
> some stuff that none of the above includes, like
> mplayer, xine,
> xmms with mp3 support, java, flash and the browser
> plugins for
> them, etc., so you want FC3 or FC4 with all current
> updates
> and a bunch of 3rd party packages.   It can be done,
> but
> it's not necessarily pretty.
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>     lesmikesell at gmail.com
>

> --

Very well said.  Users want a product that just works
straight out without having to "search, yum their way,
compile their way", etc with all the great stuff
"
mplayer, xine,
 xmms with mp3 support, java, flash and the browser
 plugins for
 them, etc.
"

and since Red Hat is "releasing"/"has released" Fedora
on its own, why not have all these things within
Fedora.  No more trademarks/patents other difficulties
to get what users want.  What is holding Fedora Back
now?

Best Regards & Happy New Year

Antonio

P.S.  Sorry for creating an "extension field", an
extension/continuation of this thread which many
people might/or are already offended by its length.
Try
# rm -rf Re: Why questions don't get answered, or "No,
I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"
if it does not work file a bugzilla against rm
command.
By the way is this the longest thread of the year, or
will it be Peter Whalley, petsupermarket.uol.br
Enquiring minds want to know.