yum log?

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Sat Dec 31 17:06:52 UTC 2005

Hi:

I got the following email from cron this morning.  I logged in and
looked at the file, repomd.xml, but since I don't know what I'm
looking for couldn't tell if it was damaged.  I tried running yum
update and got a similar message back.  I then ran yum clean all and
then yum update and it seems to work fine now.  This is on an FC3
desktop machine and there haven't been any updates from yum for me
since the 17th.  I presume that there won't be many as FC5 is
approaching?  Do these files get damaged on occaision?  Thanks,

/etc/cron.daily/yum.cron:

//var/cache/yum/base/repomd.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected,
'<' not found This site is a Mirror for: ^ Cannot open/read
repomd.xml file for repository: base Error importing repomd.xml from
base: Error: could
not parse file //var/cache/yum/base/repomd.xml

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...