Is there conversion html to plain text -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Wed Feb 2 20:44:08 UTC 2005

David Curry wrote:

> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> Is there an application already included in FC2 that will enable me
>> to convert html to plain text? Google indicates that there are
>> html2text and html2ascii but I was unable to find an FC2 RPM which
>> would be preferred. Nothing resulted from yum either.
>>
>> I thought that Open Office might have that capability but did not see
>> it ...
>>
>> I suspect there may be an application that I am not seeing?
>>
>> Any suggestion appreciated.
>>
>> Bob Goodwin    Zuni, Virginia.
>>
> Bob, if you have Mozilla installed simply access the html page or file
> in the browser.  Then from the file menu --> Save page.   In the popup
> dialogue box, define the filename you want to use and change the
> desired extension to .txt and Mozilla will convert the html to text.

I usually use Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail and as you say that does
permit converting the saved message to text! Works fine, now if I can
simplify the process a bit, my objective being to use festival to
dictate my email too me.

I've recently been afflicted with an eye problem that makes it very
difficult to read from the screen, I need a magnifier ... being able to
read some stuff with voice will ease the load a bit.I've also added lynx
and w3m per some of the other suggestions and will pursue those also.

Thanks to all.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia