A stupid mistake!

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:21:34 UTC 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:11:27 +0100, Anders Damm <anders.damm at bornet.net> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Just upgraded my home workstation to FC3 (AMD-CPU). i did a vanila installation on a new
> hd (hda) on a other machine and after copying my files and configs, replaced the hda in my workstation.
>
> The stupid thing is that I didn't for a moment considerd that the other machine has a Intel-CPU.
> So now I have a working FC3 Intel-installation running on a AMD!
>
> Is there some easy way to fix this, or just reinstall ?

Let me understand something... You said "i have a WORKING FC3
Intel-installation running on an AMD".

If it's WORKING then what is the problem? Remember, "if it works,
don't fix it?".

But seriously, I wouldn't call it a stupid mistake, just a learning
experience. And if it is working and doing what you expect, then it
might be possible to just do an update installation over the top.