FUDCon registration

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Fri Feb 4 22:46:31 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 01:30:04PM -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
>

>>My suggestion is based on an idea that has been successfully applied in
>>the theoretical chemistry area for about 10 years, and certainly in
>>other areas that I don't know about: It's the idea of an "electronic
>>conference". Better than trying to explain the details here, I would
>>just point the people interested to one that is just about to happen:
>>       http://eccc.monmouth.edu/
>>

>There's certainly room for that too -- but there's also a value in getting
>as many people as possible together to talk directly at least every now and
>then.

Yes, the two ideas aren't exclusive. I just wanted to leave the thought
around. Who knows, some day in the future someone will want to organize
one electronic version...

>I can't promise anything, but I've heard that there's going to be some
>effort to make as much as possible of the conference available over the net.
>(Video cameras and such.)

Thant would be just great!! Would there be any chance for participation
over the net, instead of just following? (kinda videconferencing?)

Cheers,
*Gustavo Seabra*
<http://www.ksu.edu/chem/personnel/faculty/grad/jvo/ortiz/people_seabra.html>
- Graduate Student