FC 3 updates...

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Sat Feb 5 12:28:40 UTC 2005

Stefan Held wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 03.02.2005, 17:19 -0600 schrieb Thomas Cameron:
>

>>If this is unacceptable to you, you might consider their more slow-moving,
>>commercial distribution, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.  It costs, but it's very
>>stab;e and doesn't have nearly as many updates as FC does.
>

> Never noticed that Core3 is unstable :-)
>

>>Thomas
>

> Beside, i have no problem with this fast updates as long as they do not
> implement more bugs than they get out.

Actually the only thing on the whole system that even remotely appears
unstable is HAL and mounting CD drives. Apart from that this distro is
very stable. Kudos to the programmers of Fedora Core. I've left one
distro that I "thought" was stable and very usable because it just
simply didn't play nice on my hardware and required more "tweaking" than
I wanted to spend time doing. Now I've got 99% of everything I want and
need and am free to get work done.

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996