Problem with burning and ripping in FC3

massimiliano m.brogliato at email.it
Sat Feb 5 14:10:25 UTC 2005

Hi all,
I have this kind of problem only whith FC3.
With an "old" RH9 everything works fine.

This is my configuration:
I have a SCSI burner (Plextor PX-R412C) and a SCSI reader (Plextor PX-40TS)

scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) *
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) 'PLEXTOR ' 'CD-ROM PX-40TS  ' '1.00' Removable CD-ROM
        0,3,0     3) 'PLEXTOR ' 'CD-R   PX-R412C ' '1.04' Removable CD-ROM
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

SCSI card is a Symbios Logic ncr53c810a.

Also I have a DVD reader:
    hdb: attached ide-cdrom driver.
    hdb: ATAPI 52X DVD-ROM drive, 256kB Cache (LG HL-DT-STDVD-RON GDR8163B)

For burning I use K3b and for ripping I use Grip.

With K3b I was able to simulate a burning only one time with a generic user. I
tried with "root" but with no result. After waiting few minutes I get generic
error message. I tried also with xcdroast, but it doesn't recognize the
burner (?) setting up the program on first run.

With Grip a tried to rip from DVD-ROM and SCSI-CD, but with no result: the
only message I get is "no disk".
I was able to do the job with "Sound juicer" but only with the DVD-ROM, not
with the SCSI CD (tis one is a good program, but I like best Grip)

On Google I can't find anything.
On this mailling list I read that it could be something wrong with udev.

Any suggestion?
Thanks.

(sorry if my english is not good enough)
Massimiliano.

--
	O corridore, che vieni da Eliopoli,
	non ho commesso iniquita'.
	O splendente, che vieni dalle sorgenti del Nilo,
	non ho rubato.
	O faccia tremenda, che vieni da Rosetau,
	non ho ucciso.
	O spezzatore di ossa, che vieni da Eracleopoli,
	non ho detto falsa testimonianza.
	O malvagio, che vieni da Busiri,
	non ho desiderato la roba d'altri.
	O vedente, che vieni dal macello,
	non ho fornicato con la donna d'altri.
	O comandante, che vieni da Nu,
	non ho bestemmiato.
	Ma ho dato pane agli affamati,
	acqua agli assetati,
	vestiti agli ignudi.

		(Invocazione ai quarantadue dei
		 della corte di Osiride
		 Libro dei morti, capt. CXXV
		 Egitto 1500 a.C.)

 Sponsor:
 Prestiti Online. Scopri subito se sei finanziabile. in 24 ore senza spese né anticipi, clicca qui
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2908&d=5-2