Will livna be rebuilding against Fedora Extras?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Sun Feb 6 16:31:58 UTC 2005

Currently Livna's FC3 yum repositories requires the fedora.us FC2
repository. Will they be changing that now Fedora Extras is live? I
actually altered my yum.conf without thinking when Fedora Extras was
announced, and so far there hasn't been any incompatibilities between
Livna and Fedora Extras, but the situation can get more complicated:
Gstreamer make available gstreamer and gstreamer-deps repositories which
are specifically built to be compatible with Livna and fedora.us, and
replacing fedora.us with Fedora Extras does cause an incompatibility
(namely between Extra's liboil package and gstreamer-dep's swfdec
package).

So what's the situation if you use Livna? Should we still be sticking to
fedora.us FC2 even though Extras for FC3 is official now?

Best, Darren