Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Sun Feb 6 18:46:39 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:

> I still don't get why are Web forums so dreaded, but that's just me... I
> haven't seen a *single* reason why not to make it so...

It's a control issue... When you have a few thousand messages a day to
parse you're before off doing it in the client of your on choosing, with
your own filtering and your onw tools that with a web-interface which not
matter how rich and well intentioned is just another bulliten-board
interface. In my case the combo of procmail - spamassassin - duplicate
filtering- pgp envelope - pine. allows me to keep track of and partcipate
in a heck of a lot more mailing lists than just this one. it isn't even
the highest volume one if you can believe that. if it were a web forum I'd
probably dredge it with google but I certainly wouldn't keep up with it.

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu