Postgresql-8.0.1

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Feb 7 00:29:14 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 16:58, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> This would be true if I had installed the Fedora-supplied RPM package
> for postgresql-server (I believe the latest packages are still in
> version 7.4.x.) But my work is with version 8.0.1 compiled from a source
> tarball that was downloaded from postgresql.org.
>
> Bob

A while back I did the same thing.  I pulled the startup script from the
rpm package and modified it to work with the package I installed from
the source files.  Very easy and quick to do.  Then you use chkconfig to
enable it and services postgresql start to start it up.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Out of the mouths of babes does often come cereal.