Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Mon Feb 7 16:37:47 UTC 2005

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 23:37 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
>

>>On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 10:03:23PM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
>>

>>>And the Really Great Thing [tm] about using the NNTP protocol as a base
>>>is that there *are* good news-to-mail and news-to-web gateway software
>>>

>>Do you have a suggestion for a good open source prepackaged news-to-web
>>gateway, by the way?
>>

>Err... to my surprise, no! <grin> In searching my head, all I come up
>with is the apparent memory of having used one and approving of it, but
>I cannot come up with a name. Hmm... can I buy a vowel here? Anyone else
>have any suggestions or names?
>
>Can I get some help here? <smile>
>
>Cheers,

Not sure but... would *gmane* do it?
    http://gmane.org/
Citing from their web page:
" Gmane does spam detection <http://gmane.org/filter.php>, cross-post
handling <http://gmane.org/cross.php>, has a TMDA-fueled
encryption/forwarding service <http://gmane.org/tmda.php>, a web
interface <http://news.gmane.org/>, respects X-No-Archive
<http://gmane.org/expiry.php>, supplies RSS feeds
<http://gmane.org/rss.php>, uses SPF <http://spf.pobox.com/>, features
user-defined filters <http://gmane.org/filtering.php>, and has a
real-time indexing search engine <http://search.gmane.org/>."

They also claim to be free software, so you can download the components,
but I couldn't find licensing information, so I'm not sure it's all open
source.

--
Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student