Where's my printer gone ?

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 18:06:58 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have been keeping my FC3 machine up2date on a day-to-day basis, but haven't
actually had to produce hard-copy print from OpenOffice for a week or so.
Now I find that my two CUPS printers (perfectly usable by command-line or
from other machines on the network) don't appear in OO.  I am only offered
Generic Printer (SGENPRT) which, as it happens, prints on the photo printer
which is hardly ever turned on and not the laser, even though that is the
system default printer and on /dev/lp0.

How can I get my printers back into OO ?

Jonathan