k3b

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Feb 8 12:43:14 UTC 2005

Scott Ryan wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 February 2005 10:56, Paul Howarth shaped the electrons to say:
>>He's already got k3b; he's looking for k3bsetup, which is not part of
>>the Fedora k3b package because it *should* not be needed on a system
>>like FC3 with udev to set the device permissions properly. The idea is
>>that the CD writer device gets its ownership changed to the console user
>>when they log in.
>>

> Im sure that this is the reason that I cannot mount my cd/dvd device as well.
> What must my hd* look like in /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions?

You don't need to make changes to this file. What you need is for udev
to create the symlink /dev/cdwriter -> /dev/hdX (where hdX is you CD
writer device); /etc/security/console.perms then specifies that any
device of that name should be owned by the user logged in at the console.

Are you getting a link /dev/cdwriter -> /dev/hdX created at boot time?

Is /dev/hdX changing ownership when someone logs in at the console?

Paul.