ClamAV and zlib

Scott Ryan scott at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Feb 8 21:58:09 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 23:52, Britt Tabor shaped the electrons to say:
> I am trying to install clamav under FC1 and it is telling that I need to
> update zlib but on the fedora website it does not show this as a
> supported package. It shows in the FC2 list. How can I update my zlib
> under FC1?

You will need to obtain an RPM from dag/freshrpms. I fetched the SRPM and
rebuilt on a host that I wanted to build clamav. I only installed it on build
host then deployed clamav on machines with the non upgraded version on zlib.
worked a charm.
--
Scott Ryan
Telkom Internet