Installing CUPS RPMS

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Feb 9 01:40:55 UTC 2005

fedora-list at jamesplace.net wrote:

>I have the same problem for every kernel after 2.6.9-1.724_FC3
>
>I have to boot my machine with 724. Anything else requires a cold boot to get
>the machine restarted.
>
>I can find nothing in any log, and no messages appear on the screen. The
>system just locks up dead to the world.
>
>===
>
>On Tue February 8 2005 6:48 am, Mark Haney wrote:
>

>>Okay, I'm gonna ask this a different way, I hope it triggers a memory
>>for someone.  For the last week or so, one of my FC3 boxes hangs when
>>starting the CUPS service.  I've tried to remove the CUPS rpms and re-
>>installing them, but in every case during the install of the RPMS the
>>CPU pegs and the machine hangs.  This box is pretty plain, nothing
>>special configured on it, no weird hardware or anything.  So the
>>question is, has anyone seen anything like this?  Or got any ideas on
>>how to fix it?  I'm completely stumped.
>>

>>--------------------------------------
>>Mark Haney
>>markh at uptimecomputer.net
>>Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) Kernel: 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 GNU/Linux
>>07:45:31 up 3 days, 22:43, 1 user, load average: 0.40, 0.65, 0.37

It maybe useful to have full specs of this machine, maybe you don't have
exotic hardware, but you may have agingn or failing pieces of hardware
that are starting to decay. Who knows maybe even file a bug report with
your machine's specs... It could also be helpful to know if both of
these computers share something in common that may be causing this
problem to appear?? I still think that having full specs of both would
be interesting to at least rule out any HW dependant factors.