Proxy settings in FC3

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 09:55:13 UTC 2005

hey,

first try to ping your proxy address ,may be your ethernet card is not
configured properly and also  check what address your getting ,run
this command on the terminal "ifconfig-eth0".
If you can see the ip address and also the gateway address try to ping
the gateway.If your not able to ping there is some problem.
If your in Gui mode type "neat " at the command prompt and then try to
configure ur ethernet card and don't forget to activate it.

Also check the port number at which your proxy is accessible ,to see
the TCP connections
"netstat -tcp",it will show you all the tcp connections  made from your machine.

For accessing services in local network ,From Edit menu-> Preference->
General and then
No Proxy  ie 192.168.1.0/24.This will by pass ur proxy for local network.

If you still face the problem do mail us again.

Regards

Ankush