Gnome default folder view settings

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Wed Feb 9 14:57:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 15:32 +0100, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> > <duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:
> > > I've been into edit > preferences > views and set it to 'View new folders
> > > using List View' but still they come up as icons each time.

Note that it says "new folders".

> Could it make a difference that some of the folders are in a vfat partition?
> Most of them work fine though - it's just one or two that don't. Is there
> some method of resetting folder properties in those folders?

I believe that Nautilus remembers your view preferences on a per-folder
basis. Changing the option you changed should make that the default for
any folder you've not opened before. But all the ones you have opened
before you'll have to manually switch view for. After that Nautilus
should remember the change. At least that's what I think is going on.

Best, Darren