Notebook on Windows Network

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Feb 9 16:23:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 12:26 +0200, Denham Eva wrote:
> So I have managed to get the machine to pick a DHCP ip address, I have
> Samba running so I can see the machine from the network.
> But on the notebook itself, it only sees the localhost, does not see
> the rest of the network.

Please be more specific about the problem. What does "does not see the
network" mean? What have you tried and what steps are you following to
see the problem?

Try opening a Nautilus browser window (for example, by right-clicking on
the "Computers" icon on your desktop and selecting "Browse") and type
smb:/// into the "Go To:" window. What do you swee?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>