CD player: Gnome=sound, KDE=silence?!?

Douglas Frank frank at zk3.dec.com
Wed Feb 9 17:04:42 UTC 2005

Hmm, I know the CD plays because I can hear it in a gnome session-- but
if I choose KDE, I get silence.

Under gnome, in addition to the player program's volume control, there's
a separate volume control that I have to turn up full every time I
reboot- its settings aren't persistent.  That's problem one.

Problem two is, I can't find that other volume control under KDE.  Where
is it, and how do I make its settings persistent?

thxs

--
Douglas Frank
HP Co.