Timeout Error while starting MySQL Daemon at boot , but MySQL daemon starts

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Wed Feb 9 23:16:45 UTC 2005

Greetings ,

Peter Arremann wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 February 2005 17:47, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:

< snip >

> The mysqld startup script is different than most as in it starts the daemon
> process and then sits and spins for 10 seconds waiting or it to come up.
> Most likely you have either very little resources

What do you mean by very little resources ??

After booting i have 750 MB of  RAM available and my root directory has
11 GB of  disk space available

  so your mysqld takes longer
> than that to come up, or you're allocating some large junks of memory so the
> initialization takes longer... For more detail check /etc/init.d/mysqld
> starting with line 38...

I will check to see if i can figure out something .

> Peter.

By the way i forgot to write that this is a Fedora Core 1 installation
running with the
2.4.29 kernel .

Kind Regards,
   Peter