gedit won't let me modify a file through FTP

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:00:31 UTC 2005

Hi

> > AFAIK, neither gftp nor gnome-vfs have support for modifying files
> > using FTP. I think you should a network filesystem, like NFS or Samba,
> > for example.

incorrect. gnome-vfs has the ability to modify files in ftp but the
support in gedit is read only. yes thats dumb. it was even proposed
for consideration as blocker bug for gnome 2.10 but since that it isnt
a regression it has been pushed to 2.12. if you require this feature
then stick with jedit

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram