fedora extras not showing up on my yum update

A. Rick Anderson a_rick at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 10 13:25:48 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>Hi
>

>>You can get liboil from the freshrpms repo:
>>http://heidelberg.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=689
>>
>>I'm rather surprised to see a dependency on an external repo/package in
>>fedora-extras.
>>

>file a bug report if that still exists. it shouldnt work that way

The problem appears to be different then that:
---> Package liboil.i386 0:0.3.0-1 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: liboil-0.2.so.0 for package: gstreamer-plugins
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
------------------
/etc/cron.daily/yum.cron:
Error: missing dep: liboil-0.2.so.0 for pkg gstreamer-plugins

If I read these logs correctly, the problem may not be directly related
to fedora-extras at all.  It might have just happened to occurred at the
same time I was enabling fedora-extras by correcting the extension.  It
seems that the liboil package was updated to 0.3, despite the fact that
gstreamer-plugins was still dependent on the liboil 0.2 version.  Now it
is complaining that liboil 0.2 isn't available.  At least that is what I
think I am reading.

--
A. Rick Anderson