how can I override passwd?

Alexander Spanke aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Thu Feb 10 16:24:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

if you want to use a weak password for a user, change the password using
the roor user, he will get only a warning.

Btw, if you are talking about a weak password, don't tell everyone that
you are using this password on all of your systems :)

Cheers
 Alex

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 11:21 -0500, Douglas Frank wrote:
> In setting up a user acct for myself, passwd refuses my favorite
> password because it includes a dictionary word.
>
> Hell I've been using this same password here at work for years, it's the
> one I use all over the LAN and I don't feel like changing everywhere it
> to accomodate whichever graduate student Napoleon decided to make passwd
> use Linux_PAM.  If any of my colleagues care to crack it, I don't care.
>   I keep all my porn at home.
>
> How can I override the password nanny temporarily?
>
> thanks
> --
> Douglas Frank
> HP Co.
> 110 Spit Brook Rd.      Blessed are the Bewildered
> Nashua, NH 03062 USA           for they won't notice

Alexander Spanke                         System Analyst
      NEC High Performance Computing Europe GmbH
Prinzenallee 11            D-40549 Duesseldorf, Germany
Tel:    +49 211 5369 146           aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Fax:    +49 211 5369 199        http://www.hpce.nec.com