OT Routing Question

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Feb 10 21:21:59 UTC 2005

Thom Paine wrote:
> I have a question that's not really to do with Fedora, but with routing.
>
> I have a private IP network 192.168.142.x with a machine behind the
> cicso firewall 142.142.142.x and I want that machine to be able to talk
> to the mail server sitting on 192.168.142.25.
>
> Is there a way to do this without using two network cards or changing
> the gateway?
>
> I thought I could add a route statement, but I'm at a loss.

Depends on whether the the Cisco will forward to 192.168.142.x.  Since
the 192.168/16 net is NOT routable over the internet, the Cisco must
have an interface on that network as well as its internal 142.142.142/24
net and it must set up an internal route for you.
-   Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?  I don't know.  Who cares?  -