NTP problem - Clock too fast for NTP to keep up?

Peter Kiem zordah at zordah.net
Fri Feb 11 02:44:19 UTC 2005

> Give it some time, Gene. It seems to be far enough off it may take
> a day or so to get down to 2ms type errors. (And if you have ntpdate
> running please be nice to yourself and turn it off. It will screw
> up the feedback loop ntp uses to average out bad data.)

Are you saying that you can run ntpdate and ntpd at the same time?

When I try to ntpdate when ntpd is running I always get "the NTP socket
is in use, exiting" and have to stop ntpd first.

--
Regards,
Peter Kiem

Zordah IT - IT Consultancy and Internet Services
Ph: (0414) 724-766   Fax: (07) 3344-5827
Web: www.zordah.net  Email: zordah at zordah.net