boot disk to install fedora

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Feb 11 17:04:47 UTC 2005

slobberknocker at zoomtown.com wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> However, the directions are a bit vauge.
>
> For example, which folder do I put the dos executable in so it finds the files it needs?
>
> Also, do I put put the device the the boot is installing to or that the boot disk is being created from?  His example is:
>
> sbminst -t zh -d /dev/hda -b sbm-bak.dat' under linux
>
> There are no dos examples.

I'm looking at user-guide-3.html from the user guide at
http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/3.7/user-guide-3.7.tgz

It says:

The usage of installation program is:

    sbminst [-t theme] [-d drv] [-b backup_file] [-u backup_file]

    -t theme     select the theme to be used, in which the theme could be:
                    us = English theme       de = German theme
                    hu = Hungarian theme     zh = Chinese theme
                    ru = Russian theme       cz = Czech theme
                    es = Spanish theme       fr = French theme
                    pt = Portuguese theme

                    or a filename of user customized theme.

    -d drv       set the drive that you want to install Smart
BootManager on;
                 for Linux:
                    /dev/fd0 is the first floppy driver,
                    /dev/hda is the first IDE harddisk driver.
                    /dev/sda is the first SCSI harddisk driver.
                 for DOS:
                    0   is the first floppy drive
                    128 is the first hard drive;

    -c             disable CD-ROM booting feature;

    -b backup_file backup the data that will be overwrited for
                   future uninstallation;

    -u backup_file uninstall Smart BootManager, should be used alone;

    -y             do not ask any question or warning.

for example, use command 'sbminst -t zh -d /dev/hda -b sbm-bak.dat'
under linux to install a Chinese version to the first hard disk and
backup the original data to file sbm-bak.dat.

So, under DOS/Windows to install it onto a floppy disk, I would think it
would be:

sbminst -t us -d 0

This would be run from the folder containing the sbminst program I'd
have thought (I have never used this program myself).

Paul.