setting up a NFS server

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina mihamina at mail.rktmb.org
Mon Feb 14 00:18:13 UTC 2005

Hello,

Have you got some documentation on setting up correctly a NFS server
(FC3) ? What modules to load (and what to put into modprobe.conf to have
it autoloaded) ? what services to launch ? The goal is to have a stable
NFS server (dont care of v1 v2 v3...).

I would like to do a TCP NFS (Not a UDP one). What configuration file
have I got to edit?

The problem I encounter for the moment is the acces of the nfs tree from
the client is not "fluide" ( i dont know the translation in english ). I
mean: For example if I do a

$ find /nfs/mounted/tree -name '*e*'

It will list the files, but it lists some, then stop for 30 seconds or
more, then goes on, then wait 10 seconds, and so on... but never fails.

The same if I try to 'ls' in the NFS mointed tree:
sometimes it shows me all rigt now, sometimes it wait 30 seconds or
more, or less (it's random)

My guess is the NFS is mounted OK, but some parameters are not ok.

I only have nfs-utils on the server when I 'rpm -qa | grep nfs'
--
ASPO Infogérance       http://aspo.rktmb.org/activites/infogerance
Unofficial FAQ fcolc   http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/