Linux sucks?

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Mon Feb 14 02:21:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 18:01 -0500, Kunal Shah wrote:
> Major problem using Linux as server is the Support. As such we don't
> have proper support for Linux operating system. I understand that we do
> have lot of users and mailing list and people involved with Linux
> community are kind enough to share experience and solutions however,
> what about SLA ( Service Level Agreement)? .
>
> Although I know Linux is much more stable them windows, I cannot
> convince my upper management to use it because of only one question. If
> anything goes wrong in production, what is our SLA to resolve the issue
> and get it back on board.

    It's not that there's *no* support; just that it's different. The
Other Leading Brand(tm) uses code that no one can identify- here, you
can mail _the_authors_.  There are (or have been) organizations for
remote support...I was considering doing that, myself...still might.

    Isn't LinuxCare still out there?

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller